Friday, September 30, 2011

banks of the ohio 2

I struggle to find inspiration on a blank page..my thoughts get in the way..my expectations block my view..i enjoyed the process of making this work..i was stuck in my institutional apartment with a blank sheet of paper when i decided to venture outside..i went to the closest river bank, a newly installed urban water shed restoration project..i jumped over the fence and sat on the rocks by the river...my color choice was limited but i liked the challenge..drawing from real life helped clear my mind and i found it was much easier to be fully present and let my work unfold as it interpreted the world around me..

1 comment:

  1. Nicely written, Anna--I like the progression of your thoughts here--very honest. Also, sometimes limited means (as with color range) can be really GOOD! Ask me about sculptor Tino Nivola and his daughter--good story...

    ReplyDelete